Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The books that got away

I don't know about you, but I have read loads of books over the years that have disappeared for one reason or another. Maybe because I let someone else read them (number one cause of disappearing books), or they got lost in a move. Or, I borrowed them from a library and I just thought I owned them! I even remember when I was living at home (many moons ago) and coming back from a holiday to find that my mother had thrown out a couple of hundred books tucked away in a cupboard! ("Well, I thought you had read them already!")

So, now I hanker after books that I would like to re-read but can't remember the title. There are two old books in particular that I can describe but...

The first is the story of two guys who took an Austin A40 right the way down through the old Soviet Union in the fifities or sixties I think. I would love to get hold of that again.

And the other is a similar idea, but these two guys took a 1930's Ford or Austin over the Andes!

Both these books have stuck in my memory. If anyone knows who they are by or can give me a clue, then that would be great.

I would love to hear from anyone else who is looking for that elusive travel book to read again. You never know, someone may recognise it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home