Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Thrills By Proxy

I have always loved travel writing. The funnier or the more outlandish the better. Over the years I have read some great books and articles about amazing people in incredible places. The other sort of writing that I like is the 'experience' book. You know the sort of thing - 'I lived for 2 years in a shack near Timbuktu squeezing Oranges'. However, there are actually a few good examples out there and I will review those as well, in time.

So, the thinking behind this blog is to share my thoughts about some of these books and hopefully you will be inspired to maybe read the book, or even go travelling yourself!

By the way, I will also tell you about the odd book that I felt was either lazy or irritating in some way. Or just plain boring!

I am not too bothered about these novels being absolutely truthful, I mean why let the truth get in the way of a good yarn? So don't base your circumnavigation of the world on the facts in these books!

I hope you enjoy. First review coming up soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home